Highmaul Quick Guide
I put together a word document for my guild for the upcoming Heroic Highmaul release. I used the dungeon journal, FatBoss guides, and some other beta videos to compile of the information. Some of it is information I interpreted myself. So, it is a possibility that some of the information in this MAY be incorrect, but I believe most of it will be helpful. Sorry for the fairly messy set up, but I just copied and pasted straight from word. Tried to clean it up as best I could. (Also Pan has come in to help with some formatting) Enjoy and good luck next week!
- Mauling Brew, Iron Bomb, Fire Bomb, Fire Pillar = Don’t stand in
- Blade Dance – Spread out to avoid damage
- Berserker Rush – Targets person, chases them, cleaves in front
- Kite and immune it
- Chain Hurl – Minor knockback, closest 5 players get sent up
- 4 DPS/1 Healer or 1 Tank/1 Heal/3 DPS
- Drunken Bileslinger – Don’t stand in front
- Iron Grunt – Nuke, does moderate damage to target
- Iron Bomber – Least priority
- Taunt on Impales
- Cleaves tanks
- Cleave – targets melee for physical AoE damage split amongst everyone in it
- Bounding Cleave – Knock back then cleaves
- Gushing Wounds – 5 stacks = death
- 2 Groups to switch for Cleave
- Watch stacks
- Accretion – 5% per stack. Loses stacks based on damage. DPS race.
- Crystalline Barrage – like blood queen lana’thel flames, but come out of boss
- Fracture – Simple ground effect. Just get out
- Earthen Pillar – HUGE GROUND EFFECT GET THE FUCK OUT
- Tectonic Upheaval – MASSIVE AoE damage like XT in Ulduar. MUST kill during this cast.
- 2 Adds comes out only during first phase with big Tectus.
- Earthwarper – Creates a tornado that goes towards boss. Must be intercepted by tank. Given debuff Petrification. DO NOT HIT BOSS WHILE DEBUFF IS ON YOU.
- Berserker – Fixates and cleaves. Kite away
- Creeping Moss – Encloses area. If touches boss heals 2% every 2 seconds. CANNOT let it hit boss.
- Flamethrowers to counter this
- Necrotic Breath – Frontal cone AoE. Reduces healing by 99%.
- Tank/Healer CDs
- Bad Adds
- Spore Shooter – Shoots closest person within 8 yards like Majordomo
- Mind Fungus – Reduces casting speed by 75%. KILL FAST.
- Fungal Flesh-Eater – Stacking damage/speed/casting increase. KICK DECAY.
- Good Adds
- Living Mushroom – Heal all the up. HUGE AoE raid heals. Increased rate of death longer its up.
- Rejuvenating Mushroom – Heal up for 30% haste and Mana Regen.
- Shield Bash – Special attack on tank
- Shield Charge – Randomly charges person. Damage based on how far he travels. Leaves debuff on anyone hit. Don’t get hit.
- Interrupting Shout – Physical raid AoE damage. Interrupts spell casting.
- Pulverize – 3 different stages.
- Unavoidable raid damage
- Ground effect of 8 yards. Move out
- Unavoidable raid damage based on how close to center of ground effect you are.
- Whirlwind – Bladestorms. Get out. Weakened Defenses if hit
- Increases damage by Shield Bash.
- Enfeebling Roar – Shouts giving 300% damage taken for 300 seconds. Split amongst everyone grouped up for it.
- Quake – Raid wide AoE Nature damage
- Blaze – Fire on the ground
- Whirlwind – Bladestorms. Get out. Weakened Defenses if hit
- Nullification Barrier – Absorbs MAGIC damage randomly. 3-13 million
- Longer barrier up. More damage he does. 8% per 10 seconds
- Caustic Energy – While boss charges up Nullification Barrier. ONE person stands in and gets HUGE heals. They will receive the barrier also.
- Suppression Field – Ground effect. Silences in it.
- Expel Magic – 4 Stages
- Fire – Deals damage per second for 10 seconds. Once expires, big AoE damage.
- Arcane – Only applied tank? Simply run away from everyone and don’t stop moving till done.
- Frost – Deals frost damage to everyone. Within 30 yards slows movement.
- Shadow – Puts heal absorbing shield on everyone
- Overflowing Energy – Balls dropping to ground. Similar Blood Council balls, and the dragon killed to get 680 legendary ring. Stand under it, bounces off face, goes back up. MUST HAVE NULLIFICATION BARRIER TO JUGGLE THESE. DON’T LET HIT GROUND. If hit ground, ~70k damage raid wide.
- Volatile Anomalies – Adds. Spawn in 3s while Rune of Nullification is active, while he is charging his Barrier. When they die, explode for raid wide Arcane damage. Kill them in Suppression Field, wont explode.
Phase 1 (100% – 85%)
- Arcane Wrath – Kind of like Wrack? Debuff goes on player. Once it expires, deals damage, and jumps to nearest person. Each time jumping distance and damage dealt lowers. 6 jumps?
- Destructive Resonance – Places a land mine on the ground. DON’T STEP ON IT. Deals massive AoE damage, extra to idiot who hit it, and increases Arcane damage taken.
- Arcane Aberration – Adds. Deals raid wide AoE damage. KILL ASAP.
- Mark of Chaos – Tank debuff. Last 8 seconds. Explodes for damage 35 yards around him.
- Force Nova – Works like Protectors from ToES Lightning Storm? Aoe damage dealing HUGE amounts if standing in it.
- Accelerated Assault – 8% speed increase with hits made against same target. Tanks swaps.
Phase 2 (85% – 55%)
- Adds Displacement effect to all Phase 1 abilities
- Arcane Wrath – Cant move out of 10 yard radius. Will be ported back if you do.
- Destructive Resonance – Grows. Still just don’t hit it
- Arcane Aberration – When it dies, it knocks people away
- Mark of Chaos – Tank will be teleported to random place. Just move away from them.
- Force Nova – Pushes players away is it grows.
- 1 minute phase. Summons Gorian Warmage and Volatile Anomaly
- Gorian Warmage
- 2 spawn
- Dominance Aura – Buffs allies damage and haste.
- Don’t stack on boss, or other adds.
- Nether Blast – Blasts player for Arcane damage, also hitting people within 5 yards
- Slow – Slows players movement and casting/melee speed by 50%. DISPELL THIS HEALERS.
- Fixate – Fixates and Nether Blasts. Move away from raid. Lasts 15 seconds
- Volatile Anomalies
- Spawn every 12 seconds
- EXACT SAME KO’RAGH
- Explodes on death
Phase 3 (55% – 25%)
- Fortification effect
- Arcane Wrath – Double amount of jumps
- Destructive Resonance – New mines last 2 minutes, not 1
- Arcane Aberration – 75% more health. Cant bb CC’ed
- Mark of Chaos – Roots player in place
- Force of Nova – 3 Novas. 1 every 8 seconds
- Same is first intermission. With new add Gorian Reaver
- Gorian Reaver
- Devastating Shockwave – HUGE AoE damage to all players in front for 20 yards.
- Crush Armor – 15% damage taken increase to player. Stacks.
- Kick to the Face – Kicks player in the face. Clears threat and knock back. BIG HIT
Phase 4 (25% – 0%)
- Arcane Wrath – Additional Arcane Wrath. Now 2 players will be Branded.
- Destructive Resonance – When 1 expires, 2 more spawn.
- Arcane Aberration – when 1 dies, splits in 7 Arcane Remnants
- Mark of Chaos – Upon explosion, shoots out 8 orbs dealing damage to anyone hit by it.
- Force Nova – Anyone who takes damage also deals damage to anyone within 4 yards of them